Stortford Kickstart is a registered charitable organisation set up to give advice and information to those seeking jobs. We give our advice free of charge.
Who does Kickstart help?
Anyone seeking work.
How does StortfordKickstart help?
By sharing skills and experiences Kickstart helps, encourages and motivates individual members in their job search efforts.
What has Kickstart to offer?
Kickstart provides a wide variety of activities reflecting the needs and wishes of those seeking guidance.
It provides assistance without limitation or qualification. Being independent, it is not bound by the rules of Government-funded activities.
- We specialise in guidance and training towards:
- Skills identification
- CV preparation
- Job applications
- Interview techniques
- Your Career – a change in direction ?
What facilities does Kickstart provide?
- Use of PCs
- Internet access
- Local and national newspapers
- A comprehensive range of information, covering benefits, education and volunteering
- A small but informative library covering job search, CV preparation, interview skills and background information on jobs and careers
- Use of the telephone
How much does it cost?
Apart from a small optional contribution to the cost of refreshments, all activities, advice, training and use of equipment are free. Donations welcome!
Where do we meet?
The Kickstart Centre, The Methodist Church,
When do we meet?
On Thursday and Friday … between 10am – 12.30pm
No appointment necessary – just turn up !